The NPA is a member-driven organization that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars. Our members include future, current, and past postdoctoral scholars; administrators; universities; research institutions; corporations; and other interested individuals committed to advancing the U.S. research enterprise and enhancing the postdoctoral experience.
Joining the NPA not only will give you access to an extensive postdoc network but you also will receive a growing number of benefits:
- Subscriptions to the NPA e-alerts, our periodic email announcement, and The POSTDOCket, our quarterly newsletter;
- Reduced registration fees to meetings;
- Discounts on selected products and services;
- Access to members-only web content;
- Leadership and professional development opportunities through volunteer service;
- Our commitment to be your national voice on postdoctoral issues;
- And much, much more!
What Your Membership Supports
Your membership actively supports resources and programs that:
- Advocate for policy changes within research institutions that host postdoctoral scholars
- Work with the leadership of federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation to develop new programs and policies for postdoctoral training, mentoring, compensation, and benefits
- Assist future and current postdocs in their career development
- Develop audience-specific resources
- Provide opportunities for our members to exchange information, collaborate, and network
- Increase diversity at all levels in the scientific community
The NPA provides several dues options for each membership category, Full Individual Members and Sustaining Members. The membership terms end one year from the payment receipt date.
* These special joint memberships are available for postdocs only. Click on the membership category name to learn more.
|Professional Societies and Organizations
|Postdoc Offices/Institutional with 1 to 100 Postdocs**
|Postdoc Offices/Institutional with 101 to 250 Postdocs**
|Postdoc Offices/Institutional with 251 to 500 Postdocs**
|Postdoc Offices/Institutional with 501 to 750 Postdocs**
|Postdoc Offices/Institutional with 751 to 1000 Postdocs**
|Postdoc Offices/Institutional with more than 1000 Postdocs**
**Organizations that conduct research and employ postdoctoral scholars to do so are eligible for this membership category.
Give the gift of a NPA Membership!
The steps to purchase a gift membership are simple - fill out this form, choose the gift membership you would like to purchase, pay, and we'll do the rest!3